- I’m extremely shy, but once I’m comfortable around someone, they meet the goofy and talkative Michaela!
- I’m a blogger and freelance writer with an entire Journalism degree THAT CANNOT SPELL. (I’m trying y’all).
- My favorite color is blue, but I don’t own many things that are blue (most people think I love pink).
- I am my mother’s only child and my nana’s only grandchild. However, I am the oldest of 5 children by my dad.
- I can really sing, but no one has ever heard me sing (unless I am playing around) since I was a young girl (because…#1).
- I just became an AKA (this past weekend)!!
- I love vintage clothing and other items. Actually, I own an old Polaroid camera and a record player (I also collect vinyl records).
- Although I’m from a small town, I’ve ALWAYS loved big cities. My goal is to move to an even bigger city than Atlanta in the future.
- I’m a control freak. I have an issue with allowing others to help me…working on that!
- I battle with a lot of fears; fear of the unknown, fear of disappointment…fear of bugs (especially roaches).
- I have trust issues…slightly.
- Although I’m a writer, I hate the physical aspect of writing (or typing). The finished product is what I love the most about writing.
- I procrastinate like crazy, with EVERYTHING.
- I lose interest quickly sometimes. (also, working on this haha).
- I’ve never been in love, just in strong “like” with someone.
- I’m a lot more introverted than I would like to admit.
- Worrying only takes away from our lives.
- It’s okay to be unapologetically ME. Who cares what others think? Only God’s view of me matters.
- LET GO AND LET GOD.
- Never allow circumstances and/or people to silence you or dim your light.
- It’s okay to bask in your blessings. Don’t ever feel bad about the favor that God has on your life (just remain humble in the process).
- It’s also okay to not be okay sometimes. Allow yourself to feel and work through EVERY emotion that you encounter.
- I’m only 23. I’m not supposed to have it all figured out. (Plus, where’s the fun in that anyway?)
So, those are my 23 fun facts, confessions and lessons. Now, I want to challenge two of my blogger boos, Jay Chantelle of IAmSoHoGlam.com and Krissy Lewis of KrissyLewis.com to join me! I also challenge all my readers to join in as well, even if you just reflect on these things privately.