I have a friend, who is also a fellow blogger, that has inspired me to list out my resolutions for 2015. Mentally, I do this every year. Physically, I do not keep them! Let's be real, resolutions are always hard to keep because we are all set in our ways. However, I think that actually making a list and constantly keeping up with that list will serve as a reminder to work on those resolutions. I have already failed at some of mine and we are only 7 days into 2015...baby steps.
Here's my not-so-short list of New Year's Resolutions. I'll post my progress to keep them throughout the year. Let's see how many I can actually accomplish!
- Focus on God and building my relationship with Him
- Study more...or at least go to the library and stare at my laptop more often
- Eat healthy (in other words, eat the celery that comes with my hot wings)
- RELEASE EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLDING ME BACK FROM MY HAPPINESS
- Stress less and mediate more
- Attend more networking events
- Build my brand!
- Cook and bake more...correction; LEARN how to cook and bake
- Actually keep up with my journal
- TRAVEL MORE!
- Build healthy relationships with positive people (aka kick all negative people to the curb!)
- Become more organized...well I can just start by buying an agenda
- Improve my natural hair journey (get the curls popping!)
- Budget...(say it again) BUDGET!***
- Smile more since everyone thinks my "mean mug" symbolizes how I really feel, which I am really just focused on not tripping while I walk...
- #FindBae2015...actually #StayAwayFromMen2015 so that I can focus on myself, yea that's better.
- BE SELFISH! (which is perfectly okay so that I can do only what brings me joy)
- Step out of my comfort zone
- Make sure A.D.O.M. reaches many readers
- Live a peaceful life full of joy...basically enjoy this life that I was blessed with!
This should be a piece of cake! Not really, but the key is to stay motivated. I have so much more I plan to accomplish this year and I know that with a little faith, it can all be done. This is our year people; let's make it great!